Skip Navigation

Dual Enrollment Eligibility Requirements

Eligibility Requirements

After the 10th grade, high school students can go to college. Motlow welcomes public, private and home-schooled students to take select college classes. Some high schools may have tougher requirements than what you see here. Please check with your counselor to discover your eligibility.

NOTE: 9th and 10th graders may take classes with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).


  • A “Dual” agreement exists between your school and Motlow, allowing you to take college-level courses where both high school and college credits are awarded
  • Speak with your high school counselor and a Motlow advisor before registering for classes
  • Finish the 10th grade
  • Have your parent/guardian and your high school principal/guidance counselor's approval
  • Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (2.5 if taking CTE courses)
  • Provide an official high school transcript with the required Grade Point Average (GPA) and/or American College Test (ACT) scores as outlined below. Students who wish to enroll in:
    • A collegiate mathematics or science course (non-Calculus track) or courses for which a mathematics course serves as a pre-requisite course:
      • Must have a Reading sub-score of 19 or greater, an English sub-score of 18 or greater, and a Math sub-score of 19 or greater
      • 3.0 unweighted high school GPA in all Integrated Mathematics courses: or
        • 3.0 unweighted high school GPA in three (3) of the following courses:
          • Algebra I
          • Algebra II
          • Geometry
          • Trigonometry
          • Pre-Calculus
          • 3.0 unweighted GPA in all of your high school English courses.
    • For a non-Mathematics on non-science course (For example, English, History, Psychology, Speech) you’ll need:
      • A reading sub-score of 19 or greater and an English sub-score of 18 or greater: or
      • 3.0 unweighted GPA in all of the student's high school English courses
Scroll to top