Skip Navigation

Dual Enrollment Application Process

Dual Enrollment Checklist

Talk with High School Counselor

  • Determine eligibility (see Dual Enrollment Eligibility Requirements below)
    • School districts reserve the right to implement additional eligibility requirements
  • Discuss potential course opportunities and scheduling

Dual Enrollment Eligibility Requirements

  • Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher and at least a 3.0 or higher in the subject area of enrollment or
  • ACT sub scores of 18 in English, 19 in Reading, and 19 in Math
  • If only taking CTE courses (i.e., Mechatronics), a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is required
  • Homeschool students must have the above listed qualifying ACT scores on file

Complete Dual Enrollment Application

  • Visit the Apply web page to complete application
  • Make sure to choose Dual Enrollment – High School as the Application Type
  • Once each section is completed, be sure to click Application is Complete and I agree to the terms to successfully submit application.

Complete TN Dual Enrollment Grant Application

  • Visit the TSAC Student Login Portal to create an account
  • Once account is created, complete the application for the Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG)
  • Students must maintain a 2.0 collegiate GPA to remain eligible for grant monies in the future
    • If GPA drops below a 2.0, the DEG is lost.
  • Dual Enrollment Grant Application deadlines are as follows:
    • Fall: September 15 / Spring: February 1 / Summer: May 15

Consent Form

  • 48 – 72 hours after the application is submitted, the consent form can be completed
    • Most likely, a Dual Enrollment Coordinator will come into the high school to help all DE students complete this.
  • High School Transcript
    • This will be uploaded by the high school counselor or registrar upon completion of the consent form.

Test Scores

  • If you have taken the ACT or SAT make sure the scores are sent to Motlow (they are often included on your high school transcript).
  • Homeschool students are required to have ACT/SAT scores on file

Additional Information

  • If a student turns 18 years of age while taking classes, proof of citizenship will be required, and proof of draft registration will be required for all males.
  • As a dual enrollment student, any dual enrollment course taken becomes part of the student’s permanent college transcript.

Scroll to top