Richelle McKamey
Interim Veteran's Affairs Coordinator
(931) 393-1528
[email protected]

Military Friendly 2018 Military Advanced Education Top Colleges

The Helping Heroes Grant

ATTENTION VETERANS: You may be eligible for the "Helping Heroes Grant".

Motlow invites all military Service Members (active duty, reserves, guard), Veterans and their families to participate in the Service Member to Student Survey. Click to link to learn more and contribute to this important research.

Veterans and Military

All on campus offices are closed due to COVID-19

Welcome to the office of Veterans Affairs at Motlow State Community College. This office helps assist Veterans and eligible disabled veteran's dependents in requesting educational assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Our goal is to provide assistance and supportive services to veterans and dependents of veterans enrolled at Motlow.

All veterans and eligible disabled veteran's dependents seeking assistance in applying for VA education benefits can contact the office at:

Veterans Affairs Coordinator
P.O. Box 8500 Dept. 520 Lynchburg, TN 37352
Email: [email protected]
Office: 931-393-1529
Fax: 931-393-1971

How to Use VA Education Benefits at Motlow

  1. Apply for Admission to Motlow and submit all required admissions documentation. This can be done online by visiting and clicking on the yellow Apply Now button in the top right hand corner.
  2. Apply for benefits on the website. Simply visit and click on "Apply for Education Benefits" under the Education header. Once your VA application is approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA by postal mail. Motlow will need a copy of this certificate for your VA file.
  3. Fill out the Motlow VA Forms on your MyMotlow account. Log into your MyMotlow, click the Student tab, then click Admissions and Records Forms. In that menu you should see "New Veteran Packet" and will be able to fill those out electronically. Those forms will be sent automatically to our VA Coordinator. You will also be able to attach other required documentation that is specific to your benefit type. This packet of forms only has to be filled out when you begin using benefits at Motlow. You will need an active MyMotlow account to complete these forms.
  4. Complete Admissions requirements and register for classes. Once you have registered, you will want to let the VA Coordinator know that your schedule is complete and ready to be certified to the VA. The VA Coordinator can be reached at [email protected].
  5. File a deferment form to defer your fees until you begin receiving VA benefits. This form can be found on your MyMotlow account by clicking on the Student tab, then Admissions and Records Forms. This form must be on file for each semester that you want to defer your fees and should be submitted before the purge date.
  6. Keep the VA Coordinator up to date. You will need to be sure to communicate any changes in registration to the VA coordinator once your registration has been certified. Failure to communicate changes in registration could result in the creation of debt with the VA.
  7. Go to class. Welcome to Motlow! If you need assistance, please reach out to the VA Coordinator at [email protected].