Lisa A. Stone, LMFT
Smyrna Building Room 138
Moore County: Crouch 2004
Fayetteville: contact front desk
McMinnville: contact front desk
Appointments may be scheduled by calling (615) 220-7913. Walk-ins are welcome upon availability.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency you should dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Sexual Assault Hotline
24 Hour Addiction Hotline
Tennessee Mental Health Crisis Line
Professional Counseling Now Offered To Students
Motlow wants each of its students to have a rewarding and successful college experience. We understand that sometimes along the way you may be presented with a variety of personal, social, emotional and adjustment issues that are difficult to deal with and they become barriers to your academic progress. So, we want to help! We are devoted to assisting you in learning to cope with or resolve the causes of your distress. Through talking with a licensed therapist you can learn to navigate through obstacles and better maintain perspective and purpose.
What happens in counseling?
We may examine one or more of the following:
- Identify self-doubts and factors that sabotage your motivation
- Resolve personal or relationship conflicts impeding your academic success
- Address stress or anxiety
- Discuss the causes creating depression, grief or trauma
- Assess alcohol or drug abuse
- Explore issues surrounding sexual orientation or gender identity
- Increase mindful self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Learn skills for handling anger, mood swings and exaggerated reactivity
- Deal with emotional issues caused by domestic violence or sexual assault
- Discern how to make effective and satisfying life choices
These confidential counseling sessions are available with a licensed mental health professional. Conversations and counseling records are not a part of your education record and cannot be disclosed to anyone without your written consent with the following exceptions: suspected abuse or neglect of children or vulnerable adults, situations involving potential suicide or homicide, or mental health provider records/reports subpoenaed by court for legal proceedings.
Limits of Care
All counseling services are free to Motlow students. The length of treatment consists of short-term services. If it is determined that long-term mental health counseling services are more appropriate to address your clinical need(s), the therapist will work with you to provide a referral to a qualified mental health professional in the community, If you are referred to a qualified mental health professional in the community, you may be charged for services by the agency you choose to go to for services.