- Responsible Executive: Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
The Distance Education Committee is a recommending body organized to have oversight of distance education delivery at Motlow State Community College (Motlow State). Recommendations flow from the committee to the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (EVPAA), and then to the President, who has final approval.
- The duties of this committee are:
- 1. Develop and review periodically the policies and procedures regarding distance education delivery.
- Provide overall direction to the distance education delivery program.
- Review periodically and respond to changing technologies as they relate to distance education offerings.
- Facilitate ongoing support of the distance education delivery program and courses.
- This committee is composed of the following members:
- Three (3) Deans (rotating biennially);
- EVPAA (Ex-officio);
- Representative to the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Distance Education Committee (Ex-officio);
- One faculty member from each of the academic divisions; and
- An adjunct faculty member may volunteer.
- Any faculty member from the academic divisions is eligible to be nominated by their Department Lead for a two-year period of membership.
- The three Deans will be selected by the EVPAA for a two-year period of membership.
- The EVPAA will serve indefinitely.
- A chair and secretary are elected by the committee biennially.
- January 12, 2009; approved by the Leadership Council on December 9, 2016
- President’s Cabinet Approved Editorial Revisions: April 4, 2023
- Effective Date: December 9, 2016; April 4, 2023