Motlow State Community College's Smyrna Campus is a unique academic institution — a diverse community of over 2,000 students and offers various academic programs located within minutes of Nashville.
Motlow State Community College Smyrna Campus
The Smyrna Campus is located in northern Rutherford County and is dedicated to the success of a diverse student population, empowering its faculty and staff and improving the quality of life in the region it supports.
5002 Motlow College Blvd Smyrna, TN 37167
- Main phone: (615) 220-7800
- Main fax: (615) 220-7840
- Admission and Business Office: (615) 220-7805
- Bookstore: (615) 220-7813
- Student Support: (615) 220-7854
Front Office Hours
- Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday 1:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Motlow College Smyrna offers a variety of degrees and certificates. Whether you plan to go straight to the workplace or to transfer to a university after completing an associate's degree, Motlow College Smyrna has a program for you. You can choose the course format that best fits your lifestyle including: traditional day classes, hybrid, online, weekends, nights and accelerated.
- Academic programs
- Academic calendar and schedules
- Online courses provide the ultimate convenience for self-motivated students.
- Hybrid courses are a blend of online and traditional classroom courses.
- Weekend Warrior courses include general education courses needed for university path degrees and are held on Friday evenings and Saturdays.
- Adult College Express (ACE) courses are offered to busy adult students over the age of 25. They are accelerated courses offered one evening per week.
- Admissions and Records
- Career Planning
- Disability Services
- Fees and tuition
- Financial aid
- Testing Services
- Writing Center
- Veteran's Affairs
Motlow's Smyrna campus has two buildings with more than 52,000 square feet of space which contain technology enhanced classrooms; nursing, chemistry, microbiology and computer labs; faculty and staff offices; a student success center; student study and lounge areas; a library and bookstore.
In a continuing effort to fulfill its mission statement, Motlow College began offering evening classes at Riverdale High School in Murfreesboro in 1998. To support the rapid growth and to fulfill the needs of its students who required day classes as well as evening classes, Motlow became partners in education with the Tennessee Army National Guard in Smyrna and began offering day classes to the citizens of Rutherford County in January 2000.
In 2006, Motlow moved into its new facility, just off Sam Ridley Parkway on Motlow College Blvd., where Motlow continues to enrich and empower the students and community it serves.
In December of 2010, the Tennessee Board of Regents approved the allocation of $7.6 million toward the completion of a 35,000 square foot classroom building on the Smyrna site. This building opened in 2013.
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Motlow State Community College. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding non-discrimination policies: Laura Jent, [email protected], P.O. Box 8500, Dept. 200, Lynchburg, TN 37352, 931-393-1544.
Copyright © Motlow State Community College. All rights reserved.