Make an impact as Adjunct Faculty Member
Motlow State Community College is seeking adjunct instructors. Motlow recruits adjuncts to join its team of award-winning faculty.
There are adjunct opportunities available at Motlow for those interested in helping students start their careers with a high-quality and affordable degree or certificate. Apply at motlow.com/jobs.
Adjunct faculty instructors are vital to Motlow's mission to provide quality core curriculum in degree programs complemented by cultural, scientific, social, and community service activities. Adjuncts bring a unique lens to the classroom through their own industry experience and real-world professional examples. Like their full-time faculty counterparts, adjuncts can offer students valuable insight on how to turn a degree major into an exciting career.
Motlow has a great adjunct support program. As a part of our team, adjuncts are offered on-boarding support, template resources for things like syllabi, course planning, and student communication. Adjuncts are also included in professional development training opportunities. If you are considering part-time teaching, consider Motlow. Adjunct teaching is perfect for retirees, new graduates, stay-at-home parents looking to work part-time, and working professionals who want to teach on the side.
Motlow is nationally recognized as a leader in student success innovation with campuses in Smyrna, Tullahoma, McMinnville, Fayetteville and Sparta.
For more information, contact (931) 393-1709, or email [email protected].
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. All Motlow employees must pass criminal, educational, and employment background checks. Each job posting lists the minimum qualifications.
- Review our list of academic programs
- Review our available positions and apply through our job portal. You will receive an auto-email once you have successfully submitted your application.
- Although we are continuously accepting applications, we may not have an immediate need for faculty with your background and experience. Your application remains active for three years.
- You can view the status of your application on the jobs portal.
To teach general education courses or courses that transfer to a four-year college or university:
- Master’s degree in the field of study or a master’s degree and 18 graduate hours in the field of study
To teach in career fields:
- Credentialing requirements range from an associate degree plus experience to a master’s degree (depending on the field)
While we are always looking for interested adjunct faculty to teach regularly, we cannot guarantee teaching assignments every semester. Adjunct faculty are part-time, temporary instructors who may teach up to 12 credit hours per semester.
Motlow bases adjunct faculty compensation on the total number of collegiate credit hours taught.
- $500/credit hour: 0–29 credit hours of collegiate teaching experience
- $550/credit hour: 30–59 credit hours of collegiate teaching experience
- $640/credit hour: 60–89 credit hours of collegiate teaching experience
- $700/credit hour: 90 or more credit hours of collegiate teaching experience
Pay Schedule for Full-Semester Courses
- Fall: four pay periods: September through December
- Spring: four pay periods: February through May
- Summer: three pay periods: June through August