The fall 2020 semester will be unlike any other, with challenges for students, faculty, staff, and families. By working together safely, we can make fall 2020 a successful semester. Here is what you need to get started. Let's Go!
We're glad to have you at Motlow for Fall 2020
As we begin the fall semester, your health and safety are our top priority. Keeping you informed is an essential component as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. Keep this list of pandemic-related student news.
How to Get off to a Great Start
- Be sure you can log onto and see your classes in D2L
- Learn how to Login. Forgot Your Password?
- Recheck/reprint your schedule to identify any late changes
- Motlow classes include a digital portal called D2L (short for Desire to Learn). Learn how to use D2L
- Other helpful student resources
- Many courses utilize Zoom for video conferencing. Learn how to use Zoom
- Zoom links are located in D2L
Motlow is at a Level 3 Pandemic Response
- The College remains open online only, with exceptions made for necessary, limited on-ground classes and approved scheduled appointments
- Prior to ANY approved on-campus visit, including students authorized to attend on-ground classes, individuals must fill-out the Daily Health Self-assessment the day of their visit
- All safety precautions, including masks and social distancing, are mandatory while on-campus
- The College continues to operate virtually, and faculty and staff are available remotely
- Libraries are open online. No Motlow libraries are open for on-ground visits
- Counseling and Testing are available online and by on-campus by pre-approved appointment for special circumstances
- There are no campus-based student activities at present
Your Covid Response
- Stay home if you feel sick, have COVID-19 symptoms, recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, have a fever, or been told that you have COVID-19
- Practice social distancing. Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer
- If you are exposed to COVID-19, email your instructor
- If you contract COVID-19, email your instructor
Coming onto Campus
- Only students with on-ground classes may come on to campus
- Double-check your class schedule. Make sure you know whether you registered for any on-ground classes. On-ground classes are coded B, and G (see table below)
- If you have an on-ground class, then we emailed you SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS to your Motlow email. Following those instructions requires you to take action BEFORE your arrival
- Students who do not have on-ground classes may only come on campus if they have prior approval for an authorized meeting. The only exception that online-only students have to this prior authorization requirement is this: you are allowed to briefly drive on-and-off of campus to drop-off paperwork into one of the Student Record Drop-off Boxes located on each campus.
- G: On-ground
- ON: Online with no fixed class times
- OFF: Online with fixed class times
- B: Blended online/on-ground with fixed class times
Every Day That You Come to Campus
- Before you leave home, or upon arrival in the parking lot, and prior to attending class, complete the Daily Self-Assessment. This includes taking your temperature with a thermometer. After you submit your answers to the Daily Self-Assessment, you will receive a response that tells you that you may proceed to campus or you may not proceed to campus
- Take the Daily Health Self-Assessment
- Bring a mask and wear a mask upon arrival to the campus
- Practice social distancing
- Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer
If you need accessibility assistance to comply with these health and safety requirements, contact [email protected].
Communicating About Covid
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, communicate with your faculty or submit a Student Notification of a positive COVID-19 Test. Log into MyMotlow. Under the Student tab, select the Student Notification of Positive Covid Test form. Fill it out. Stay home for 10 days
- If you are exposed to COVID-19, which means that you had recent close contact (less than six feet for 10 minutes or more) with someone who recently tested positive, stay home and contact your instructors. Tell your instructor(s) when you were last on campus. Stay home for 14 days
- How Do I Login?
- Forgot Your Password?
- Locked Out of your Account?
- Forgot your A Number? Call 931-393-1510 and select option 1.
- Login to My Motlow
- Check my Student Email
- How Do I Add my Motlow Email to my Smartphone?
Explore our Library
Motlow's libraries are open online-only. Our library offers helpful guides, tutorials and resources available at mscc.libguides.com
- Locations for free internet
- Student guide to D2L
- Student community resources by campus
Be sure and explore Motlow's Master Calendar. It will keep you up informed of all students dates and deadlines. You can even subscribe to events and receive helpful reminders or get alerts about date changes.
Motlow Alerts is the fastest platform of communication. It is important for students and employees to subscribe, but parents, grandparents, and others are encouraged to subscribe as well. Subscribe here: mscc.omnilert.net
Install Microsoft Office on your Device
As a Motlow student, you are eligible to install Microsoft Office on up to five devices completely free of charge. To do this, go here.