Getting Started at Motlow
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal and state financial aid programs. Motlow State's school code: 006836.
Begin checking your Motlow Student Email account on a regular basis. When Motlow State begins FAFSA processing, you will receive email instructions on how to complete additional requirements.
If you hope to use financial aid to pay tuition, be sure follow and be aware of specific program deadlines (i.e. TN Promise and TN Lottery programs). Even if you are not participating in a state assistance program, be sure to submit your FAFSA at least 90 days before the first day of class.
- Submit all official high school and college transcripts. Request that your high school/college(s) forward an official transcript to our Office of Admissions and Records. If you have a GED, request that a reporting institution sends a copy directly to our Office of Admissions and Records.
- Submit your official ACT report. Use code 4003. If you are 21 years of age or older, you are not required to submit an ACT Report.
- Provide proof of United States citizenship or lawful presence. View acceptable documents.
- Submit an Immunization Waiver
Send documents to:
Motlow Office of Admissions and Records
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
There are two main types of scholarships you could receive: an institutional scholarship and a Foundation scholarship. The major difference between the types of scholarships is the source of the scholarship money. The first type — institutional scholarships — are awarded by Motlow State Community College. The second type & Foundation scholarships — are awarded by a Scholarship Selection Committee generally comprised of the Director of Financial Aid, the Director of the Motlow College Foundation, and the Vice President of Finance. The scholarship money for Foundation scholarships is provided by private individuals and businesses.
A student email account will be created for you within one week of processing your application. Your Motlow email is the main way you'll be contact by the College and your instructors. Please check your student e-mail Regularly so that you will not miss out on important information or requirements.
MyMotlow is your student account and will be created within one week of your application being processed.
Your MyMotlow account gives you access to:
- Admissions holds
- Orientation registration
- Class registration
- Class schedules and grades
- Fee payment
- Financial aid status
Prior to advisement and registration, all first-time Freshmen must attend orientation. Once all admissions holds have been removed, you will receive an email with information on how to register for an upcoming orientation session.