Health and Safety Principles
- The health and safety of our student-athletes is our top priority. Guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the TN Department of Health will be utilized.
- All student-athletes will have a recent COVID-19 test prior to coming to campus. The COVID-19 test should be as close to the first date of scheduled practice as possible.
- All student-athletes will self-assess their health before coming to campus or traveling to any game and will stay home if they are experiencing symptoms such as the ones listed below.
- All student-athletes will have their temperature checked before entering Nisbett Center to verify that no one has a temperature of 100.4 or greater. Any player with a temperature of over 100.4 or greater should stay home or return home.
- Face masks are required in all indoor public buildings. Social distancing is recommended where possible.
- The use of the locker rooms and weight rooms will comply with social distancing guidelines of six (6) feet.
- All equipment is to be cleaned after each athlete’s use with the disinfectant wipes provided.
- If a COVID-19 case occurs following a team practice/game, the gym may be closed for cleaning, and its reopening date and time will be determined by the Director of Facilities.
Communication is essential. Coaches and student-athletes must consistently be aware of their health and recognize their personal responsibility to stay home if any COVID-19 symptoms listed below are present. COVID-19 is a viral infection and can feel like a cold, the flu, or a sinus infection.
Communicate with your coach if you are unsure on what to do. A failure to communicate
can cause a team to be quarantined.