Admissions and Records

Office of Admissions and Records
Dept. 520
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500

[email protected]

International Student Application

An international student is a student who is a citizen or a permanent resident of a country other than the United States.

To allow adequate time for processing the application and completing the visa documents, the application for admission and all documentation must be submitted by July 15 for the fall semester enrollment, November 15 for the spring semester and April 1 for summer enrollment.

To be admitted as an international student, a person must complete the following:

  • Submit a completed Application for Admission to the Office of Admissions and Records.
  • Request that an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) report with a score of at least 500 on the paper-based test or at least 173 on the computer-based test or at least 61 on the Internet-based test or an official Michigan Test with a score of 72 or greater be forwarded to the Office of Admissions and Records. (The TOEFL and Michigan Test are not administered at Motlow State Community College.)
  • Submit a completed financial statement form. This form can be obtained in the Office of Admissions and Records.
  • Submit evidence of high school graduation, an official report of a comprehensive GED score of 45, if taken before 2002 or 450, if taken after 2002, or if taken after January, 2014, the score of 150 or higher in each subject area. The HiSET examination diploma must request that the testing center send evidence of satisfactory completion of a score of 45 or higher, an official EDP transcript indicating the 65 required competencies, or graduation from a college or university.
  • Request that transcripts be forwarded to the Office of Admissions and Records from each educational institution previously attended. Applicants must furnish transcripts of all secondary school and college level studies accompanied by official English translations. The applicant is responsible for paying any cost for official translation of foreign language transcripts.
  • Provide an official ACT/SAT report if applicant is less than 21 years of age. (The ACT/SAT report is not required of applicants who are 21 years old or older.) ACT/SAT scores must be less than five years old as of the first day of the admitting term. Applicants without ACT/SAT scores or whose ACT/SAT scores are more than five years old should contact the Testing Center to schedule an ACT test. ACT/SAT scores on the high school transcript that are less than five years old are acceptable.
  • Submit copies of appropriate examination certificates to the Office of Admissions and Records.
  • If applying for admission pursuant to a student visa, submit a certificate from a licensed physician or other qualified medical authority verifying freedom from tuberculosis within thirty days from the first day of classes. Failure to submit such certification shall result in denial of further enrollment or admission. In the event that a student either has tuberculosis or has potential tuberculosis requiring medical treatment, continued enrollment will be conditioned upon the determination by a licensed physician that further enrollment does not present a risk to others and upon the student's compliance with any prescribed medical treatment program.
  • Complete the entire ACCUPLACER test if the student does not have valid ACT/SAT scores. See section entitled "Learning Support Program" for ACCUPLACER Test information.
  • Obtain health and accident insurance as a condition of admission and continued enrollment at the college. Minimum requirements for coverage set up by the Tennessee Board of Regents are specified on the insurance form provided by the Office of Admissions and Records.