Workforce Development Extended Services delivers continuing professional education programs by meeting the non-credit training needs of businesses, industries, and governmental agencies.
Workforce Development and Extended Services
Extended Services Department
- Manages campus facilities requests
- Issues continuing education certificates
- Supports non-credit company and government training requests
- Manages Motlow's Tennessee Board of Regents On-line Continuing Education (ROCE) initiative
Contact and Hours
239 Marcum Technology Center, Moore County Campus
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tom Dillingham, Director: email@example.com, 931-393-1760
- Andy Lyon, Non-Credit Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, 931-393-1622
ACT Prep Courses
This course is designed to prepare high school students for the four sections tested on the ACT Assessment by covering test taking strategies, pacing one-self, using logic, reviewing your answers, etc.
We offer the ACT prep course twice a year — once during the months of February and March, and once during the months of September and October. The course ends in time for you to take the National ACT test. National ACT test schedule
- $65 Registration
Make checks payable to: Motlow State Community College
- Textbook: $32.95. You will need to purchase a textbook the first night of class. Textbooks will be available for sale only the first night. Please have exact change or check made payable to: Motlow College Bookstore
- Increase ACT scores
- Increase scholarship potential
- Become familiar with the purpose of the ACT Assessment.
- Emphasize study in English, mathematics, reading, science and test-taking skills.
What You Will Learn
- Students will work on areas, techniques, and skills that need improving before taking the ACT test.
- Participants will not be taught more English, Mathematics, Reading or Science.
- Preliminary tests will be given in each of the four areas for diagnostic purposes.
- Similar post tests will be given during the last class session.
Non-Credit Online Classes
Instructor lead courses start monthly and are in six week formats with lessons released on Wednesday and Friday of each week.
- Comprehensive online courses in a convenient six-week format
- Expert instructors lead each course
- Engaging student discussion area
- New session starting monthly
- Confirmation of completion awarded with passing score
Career Training Programs
Our career training programs are designed by a team of professionals who provide you with effecting online learning classes.
- Learn in-demand skills recognized by employers
- Many courses prepare you for a national certification
- Start anytime—ork at your own pace and complete in three to six months
- Textbooks and learning materials are included
- Support offered via phone, email or live chat seven days a week
- Expert instructor assistance provided
- Career counselors are provided
Motorcycle Training Classes
Motorcycle classes are offered at least once a month; more often as interest demands
Motorcycles are provided. Helmets can be provided if needed. All riders must be dressed with proper riding gear, which minimally includes:
- Your favorite helmet if you have one (full-face helmets are recommended) and if you don't have one, we will provide one for you.
- Eye protection if your helmet doesn't have a shield.
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear.
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket and sturdy pants. Any good fitting full-fingered gloves.
Motlow State Community College, Moore County Campus, 6015 Ledford Mill Road, Tullahoma. Located in the Nisbett Center (Gym), Room 133
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is awarded upon successful completion of certain non-credit training courses or activities. The CEU is defined as "ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction."
To meet conditions for satisfactory completion, you must:
- Be properly registered and pay all fees
- Attend a minimum of 75 percent of scheduled classes
- Achieve a "satisfactory" rating from the instructor and receive a certificate
Campus Property and Facilities Reservations
We administer the "Use of Campus Property and Facilities Reservation" program by ensuring the policy Use of Campus Property and Facilities (3:02:02:00) is adhered to.
We serve as the Motlow College point of contact to off-campus individual or group requests, including the negotiation of room rental charges. Requests are submitted, reviewed, and approved through Motlow's online Facilities Request system.
Tennessee Board of Regents Online Continuing Education (ROCE)
We are also the Motlow College point of contact for the TBR Regents On-line Continuing Education (ROCE) initiative, under the Regents On-line Campus Collaborative (ROCC) program. Additionally, we provide classes in ACT preparation for high school students and Motorcycle Safety courses throughout the year.