Moore County Location: Crouch Center Room 1043
Health Education Systems Exam (HESI)
HESI A2 Admission Exam: 2 year applicants
The entrance examination for the Motlow Nursing Program is the Admission Assessment by Health Education Systems (HESI). The following areas are covered on the test: math, reading comprehension, vocabulary and general knowledge, grammar, anatomy and physiology, learning style and personality profile assessments. You are required to score 80% on the Admission Assessment to be considered for the 2 year Nursing program. Please contact the nursing department for a complete list of requirements for the program. Scores are available for viewing after the test and valid for five years.
HESI Fundamental Exam: LPN to RN Bridge applicants
The entrance examination for the Motlow LPN to RN Bridge program is the Fundamental Assessment (HESI). The exam covers basic nursing care knowledge. You are required to score 850 on the Fundamental exam to be considered for the LPN to RN Bridge program. Students can register to take the HESI Fundamental Exam twice at the Motlow Testing Center. To take the exam twice, students must register for a February date and a March date. Please note: The testing center is only able to provide the test in February at the Moore Campus Testing Center. Students are under no obligation to take the HESI Fundamentals Exam twice. To register to take this entrance exam, follow the steps for HESI Fundamental Entrance Exam Registration. If you test twice, your highest score will be used for admission. The entrance exam results will be sent to the Nursing Department from the Testing Center.
Please refer to the Nursing Program Application Checklist before scheduling an exam appointment to ensure that your test registration is accurate for the nursing program application you are completing.
The non-refundable fee for the HESI A2 Entrance test is $53.50 and the non-refundable fee for the HESI Fundamental Entrance Exam is $38.50. All fees must be paid by the application deadline: January 31 at 4:30 p.m. CST. The registration fee for the HESI entrance exam must be paid online with a debit or credit card at the time of registration.
Dates and Locations
The computer-based format test is administered in March at the Fayetteville, Moore County (Tullahoma), McMinnville and Smyrna campuses.
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments for the HESI A2 Entrance exam as well as the HESI Fundamental Entrance exam and a list of open dates are available online through RegisterBlast. After completing the online registration form, applicant will receive an email confirmation. Registration is available from November 1 through January 31 at 4:30 p.m. CST.
To register for an appointment, choose the campus where you want to take the exam:
HESI A2 Admission Exam
Health Education Systems publishes a guide to help you prepare for the exam. You may purchase the HESI Admission Assessment Study Guide at Follett Bookstore or Amazon.
The study guide can be ordered from Elsevier
- Go to Elsevier
- Quick Search for "HESI Admission Assessment"
- Price is $43.95 plus shipping and handling (price may change)
- UPS Delivery time is up to 14 days.
HESI Fundamental Exam
The HESI Fundamental exam is basic nursing care knowledge. Health Education Systems does not publish a study guide for the exam. A study reference resource may be purchased at Follett Bookstore. Please contact Follett bookstore for more information.
Testing Center Rules and Policies
- You must set-up an account with Elsevier Evolve to secure a username and password for the test.
- Proctored tests are by appointment only.
- You will receive an email confirmation after scheduling an appointment.
- Valid Photo ID is required for the test.
- Staff cannot watch unattended children.
- Personal belongings such as hats, coats, food, drinks, cellular phones, electronic devices, hand held computers, purses or backpacks are not allowed in the Testing Center
- Examinees may not take notes or scratch paper out of the Testing Center.
- Calculators are permitted for specific tests and may be inspected prior to use.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Acts of dishonesty or misconduct may cause dismissal from the Testing Center. Please refer to the college's conduct and disciplinary sanctions in the catalog.
- To cancel or change an appointment, please contact the Testing Center at 931-393-1763 or email@example.com.
HESI Transcript Request
Please complete and return the HESI request form.
For more information, please call 931-393-1763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.