Moore County Location: Crouch Center Room 1043
Health Education Systems Exam (HESI)
The entrance examination for the Motlow Nursing Program is the Admission Assessment by Health Education Systems (HESI). The following areas are covered on the test: math, reading comprehension, vocabulary and general knowledge, grammar, anatomy and physiology, learning style and personality profile assessments. You are required to score 80% on the Admission Assessment to be considered for the program. Please contact the nursing department for a complete list of requirements for the program. Scores are available for viewing after the test and valid for five years.
The non-refundable fee for the test is $50. All fees must be paid by the application deadline: January 31 at 4:30 p.m. CST. The registration fee for the HESI entrance exam may be paid by cash, money order, or cashier's check made payable to Motlow State Community College, this can be paid at any Motlow campus. To pay by credit or debit card, please contact the Testing Center at 931-393-1763.
Dates and Locations
The computer-based format test is administered in March at the Fayetteville, Moore County (Tullahoma), McMinnville and Smyrna campuses.
Appointments for the test and a list of open dates are available online through MyMotlow. After completing the online registration form, applicant will receive an email confirmation. Registration is available from November 1 through January 31 at 4:30 p.m. CST.
Health Education Systems publishes a guide to help you prepare for the exam. You may purchase the HESI Admission Assessment Study Guide at Follett Bookstore or Amazon.
The study guide can be ordered from Elsevier
- Go to Elsevier
- Quick Search for "HESI Admission Assessment"
- Price is $43.95 plus shipping and handling (price may change)
- UPS Delivery time is up to 14 days.
Testing Center Rules and Policies
- You must set-up an account with Elsevier Evolve to secure a username and password for the test.
- Proctored tests are by appointment only.
- You will receive an email confirmation after scheduling an appointment.
- Valid Photo ID is required for the test.
- Staff cannot watch unattended children.
- Personal belongings such as hats, coats, food, drinks, cellular phones, electronic devices, hand held computers, purses or backpacks are not allowed in the Testing Center
- Examinees may not take notes or scratch paper out of the Testing Center.
- Calculators are permitted for specific tests and may be inspected prior to use.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Acts of dishonesty or misconduct may cause dismissal from the Testing Center. Please refer to the college's conduct and disciplinary sanctions in the catalog.
- To cancel or change an appointment, please contact the Testing Center at 931-393-1763 or email@example.com.
HESI Transcript Request
Please complete and return the HESI request form.
For more information, please call 931-393-1763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.