ETS Proficiency Profile Exit Exam for Graduates
Each student graduating from Motlow State Community college is required by the Tennessee Board of Regents to take a general competency test. The ETS Proficiency Profile is used by Motlow College as their General Education assessment of graduating sophomores. The ETS Proficiency Profile is a test based on college-level skills in reading, writing, critical thinking and mathematics designed to measure the academic skills developed through general education courses. The test does not affect one's graduating status. The test measures how well Motlow State Community College educates its students. Students are strongly encouraged to do their best on the test. Motlow State Community College's evaluation and future funding are based on students' performance. It is recommended that students complete the test during the last semester prior to graduation. The test is available on all of Motlow's four campuses: Moore County, Smyrna, Fayetteville, and McMinnville. Failure to meet this graduation requirement will result in having your diploma and transcript held.
- All graduating students are required to take the ETS Proficiency Profile Exit Exam
- Results will not affect your graduation; however, you will not receive your diploma or transcript until you have completed the exam.
- High scores will enhance the value of your diploma.
- Exam is 45 minutes and consists of 36 multiple choice questions in mathematics, critical thinking, reading, and writing.
- Motlow State Community College's evaluation and future funding are based on students' performance.
- The test measures how well Motlow State Community College educates its students.
- Students seeking a Business Degree and/or Early Childhood Education Degree must take the ETS Proficiency Profile Exit Test and Business Major Field Exit Test and/or Early Childhood Education Field Exit Test.
Preparation and Study Materials
ETS does not provide study guides, however they do provide sample questions.
Students must file their Intent to Graduate form to be eligible to take the exit exam.
Students are required to schedule an appointment in their MyMotlow. No walk-ins
- Log into MyMotlow. Select "Student" > "Testing/Proctoring Services"
- Choose the link for the Test you want to take.
- Read "Testing Agreement"
- Click "Continue to Registration"
- Select the campus where you want to take the exam.
- Select Continue with Registration.
- Select the time and date that fits your schedule.
- Click Submit.
The ETS exam results will be available to view and/or print at the end of the student's session.
Test Center Policies
- Photo ID is required for exams.
- Only exam candidates are allowed into the Testing Center.
- Staff cannot watch unattended children. Make your own childcare arrangements prior to arriving for your exam.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- Electronic devices, mechanical pencils and personal items are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- Examinees may not take notes or scratch paper out of the Testing Center.
- Calculators are permitted for specific tests and may be inspected prior to use.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for authorized tests.
- Once a test is issued it must be completed in one sitting.
- Talking is not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Acts of dishonesty will be reported.
For more information, please call 931-393-1763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.