Before you register for a CLEP exam, check with your academic advisor at your current institution to make sure the CLEP examination you wish to take is appropriate for your needs. All CLEP tests are administered on the Moore County Campus in the Testing Center located in the Crouch Building (Room 1043). Exam administration schedules, registration dates, and deadlines are set by the Moore County Testing Center. Motlow State Community College does not award credit for all of the CLEP exams. Test credit is applied according to the published policy at the time the credit is received and posted by TBR or the college. For updated information regarding this and all other important CLEP policies, please visit the Motlow Handbook section on CLEP.
(You must register with College Board and complete the CLEP Registration Form for Motlow to take the test.)
- Review all CLEP information and Motlow State Community College policies prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Create a CLEP account and register with College Board to pay the $85 CLEP exam fee through the MyAccount portal. Once you register, make sure to print your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket and be sure to present it on the day of your test. Certain exams have an optional essay. If you are taking the College Composition Modular CLEP for Motlow credit, a separate essay is required. The essay is subject to review and approval by the Motlow English faculty.
- To reserve a seat for testing and schedule a specific date and time for your exam, you must complete the following:
- Create an account and register with College Board to pay the $85 CLEP exam fee through the My Account portal.
- Please complete the online CLEP registration form here: CLEP Registration Form
- Effective January 1, 2015, all candidates must submit a separate, non-refundable administration fee. The administration fee will be paid at the time of registration. The fee must be paid by credit or debit card.
- After completing the Motlow online CLEP Test registration and scheduling process, check your email for a CLEP Confirmation letter sent to your personal e-mail. The CLEP Confirmation letter from Motlow and the College Board CLEP Exam Registration Ticket are required and must be presented on test day to be admitted to take the test.
- If you require testing accommodations, contact the testing center by the deadline for submitting documentation and well in advance of the test date to make the necessary arrangements. Please visit the College Board Website for more information.
Take the Test
- Arrive 15-minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Examinees arriving more than 15-minutes late may not be admitted and will forfeit any costs paid.
- You are required to bring two forms of identification. Your IDs cannot be expired and must be in the name in which you are registered to test.
- Primary ID: Must be a government-issued, non-expired photo ID. Acceptable documents include a driver license, passport, state-issued identification card, or military identification.
- Secondary ID: Must have a photo or signature, such as a Social Security Card, student ID, employee ID, or a debit/credit card in the examinee's name.
- Bring your CLEP Confirmation letter sent to your email.
- All transactions are non-refundable.
A CLEP examination may be repeated three months or more after the original test. Scores on tests repeated earlier than three months will be cancelled and test fees forfeited. The waiting period provides test-takers an opportunity to spend additional time preparing for the exam or the option of taking a classroom course.
You will receive an unofficial score report immediately upon completion of your CLEP exam. However, the College Composition Modular with Essay for Motlow credit will be scored by the college's faculty. It may take 2-3 weeks after the test date for scoring. Test-takers will receive a letter by mail regarding test results. A score recipient (college or university) that is selected through the software on the day of the exam will receive one report free of charge after the test. If you do not select a score recipient, you will have to pay a $20 transcript fee for the service at a later date. Please visit the College Board Website for more information. Additional CLEP transcripts can be obtained for a $20.00 fee by contacting College Board/CLEP directly.
If you designate Motlow as the recipient of your official CLEP transcript, it will take approximately 4-6 weeks from the date of request through College Board/CLEP for the Motlow Admissions' Office to receive and process your scores. Please contact the Motlow Admissions' Office directly at email@example.com or 931-393-1520. if you need to check on receipt of an official CLEP transcript. The following is a list of the CLEP subject examinations. Opposite the examinations are accepted score, credit granted by Community Colleges and equivalent TBR course, using TBR Common Core Course Numbers. *If you are taking the College Composition Modular CLEP for Motlow credit, a separate essay is required. The essay is subject to review and approval by the Motlow English faculty. *Fee for optional essays - $10.
CLEP Examination Course Equivalent
Please contact your advisor, admissions and records, or refer to the college catalog about course equivalent and CLEP credit.
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments for the test and a list of open dates are available online through RegisterBlast. After completing the online registration form, applicant will receive an email confirmation. To register for an appointment, choose the campus where you want to take the exam:
For more information, please call (931) 393-1763 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.