(931) 393-1899 (Fax)
Crouch Center Lab 1043
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Before you register for a CLEP exam, check with your academic advisor at your current institution to make sure the CLEP examination you wish to take is appropriate for your needs. All CLEP tests are administered on the Moore County Campus in the Testing Center located in the Crouch Building (Room 1043). Exam administration schedules, registration dates, and deadlines are set by the Moore County Testing Center.
Motlow State Community College does not award credit for all of the CLEP exams. Test credit is applied according to the published policy at the time the credit is received and posted by TBR or the college. For updated information regarding this and all other important CLEP policies, please visit the MSCC Handbook section on CLEP.
Preparation and Study Materials
Please visit the College Board Website for more information.
- Review all CLEP information and Motlow State Community College policies prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Create an Account and register with College Board to pay the $80 CLEP exam fee through the MyAccount portal. Once you register, make sure to print your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket and be sure to present it on the day of your test. Certain exams have an optional essay. If you are taking the College Composition Modular CLEP for Motlow credit, a separate essay is required. The essay is subject to review and approval by the MSCC English faculty.
- To reserve a seat for testing and schedule a specific date and time for your exam, you must complete the following:
- Create an account and register with College Board to pay the $80 CLEP exam fee through the My Account portal.
- Please complete the online CLEP registration form here: CLEP Registration Form
- Submit a separate, nonrefundable administration fee of $15 non-Motlow student fee on the day of the test. The nonrefundable administration fee of $15 is required for applicants not currently enrolled at Motlow State Community College. The fee must be paid the day of the test by credit, debit card, check or money order payable to Motlow College.
Arrive 15-minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Examinees arriving more than 15-minutes late may not be admitted and will forfeit any costs paid.
- You are required to bring two forms of identification. Your IDs cannot be expired and must be in the name in which you are registered to test.
- Primary ID: Must be a government-issued, non-expired photo ID. Acceptable documents include a driver license, passport, state-issued identification card, or military identification.
- Secondary ID: Must have a photo or signature, such as a Social Security Card, student ID, employee ID, or a debit/credit card in the examinee's name.
- Bring your CLEP Confirmation letter sent to your email.
- Bring the $15 administrative fee (non-Motlow student fee). All transactions are non-refundable.
A CLEP examination may be repeated six months or more after the original test. Scores on tests repeated earlier than six months will be canceled and test fees forfeited. The waiting period provides test-takers an opportunity to spend additional time preparing for the exam or the option of taking a classroom course.
You will receive an unofficial score report immediately upon completion of your CLEP exam. However, the College Composition Modular with Essay for Motlow credit will be scored by the college's faculty. It may take 2-3 weeks after the test date for scoring. Test-takers will receive a letter by mail regarding test results. A score recipient (college or university) that is selected through the software on the day of the exam will receive one report free of charge after the test. If you do not select a score recipient, you will have to pay a $20 transcript fee for the service at a later date. Please visit the College Board Website for more information. Additional CLEP transcripts can be obtained for a $20.00 fee by contacting College Board/CLEP directly.
If you designate MSCC as the recipient of your official CLEP transcript, it will take approximately 4-6 weeks from the date of request through College Board/CLEP for the MSCC Admissions' Office to receive and process your scores. Please contact the MSCC Admissions' Office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-393-1520. if you need to check on receipt of an official CLEP transcript.
The following is a list of the CLEP subject examinations. Opposite the examinations are accepted score, credit granted by Community Colleges and equivalent TBR course, using TBR Common Core Course Numbers.
*If you are taking the College Composition Modular CLEP for Motlow credit, a separate essay is required. The essay is subject to review and approval by the MSCC English faculty.
*Fee for optional essays - $10.
Score Accepted by TBR CC's
Credit Granted by TBR CC's
Equivalent TBR CC Course
|American Government||50||3||POLS 1030 Introduction to American Government|
|American Literature||50||6||ENGL 2110 & 2120 Survey of American Literature I & II|
|Analyzing & Interpreting Literature||50||6||Credit for Literature Requirement or specific ENGL course|
|Biology||50||8||BIOL 1110 & 1120 General Biology I & II|
|Calculus||50||4||MATH 1910 Calculus|
|Chemistry||50||8||CHEM 1110 & 1120 General Chemistry I & II|
|College Algebra||50||3||MATH 1130 College Algebra or MATH 1630 Finite Mathematics|
|College Composition (also Freshmen)||50||6||ENGL 1010 & 1020 Composition I & II|
|College Composition Modular||50||3/6||ENGL 1010 & 1020 Composition I & II|
|College Mathematics||50||3||MATH 1010 Math for Liberal Arts or Credit for college-level Mathematics Requirement|
|English Literature||50||6||ENGL 2010 & 2020 Intro to Literature I & II or ENGL 2210 & 2220 Survey of British Literature I & II|
|Financial Accounting||50||3||ACCT 1010 Principles of Accounting I|
|French Language, level 1||50||6||FREN 1010 & 1020 Beginning French I & II|
|French Language, level II||59||12||FREN 1010 & 1020 Beginning French I & II FREN 2010 & 2020 Intermediate French I & II|
|German Language, level 1||50||6||GERM 1010 & 1020 Beginning German I & II|
|German Language, level II||60||12||GERM 1010 & 1020 Beginning German I & II GERM 2010 & 2020 Intermediate German I & II|
|History of the United States I||50||3||HIST 2010 Survey of American History I|
|History of the United States II||50||3||HIST 2020 Survey of American History II|
|Human Growth and Development||50||3||Psychology of Human Growth & Development or Life Span Psychology (no common course #)|
|Humanities||50||6||Credit for Humanities Requirement|
|Information Systems & Computer Applications||50||3||INFS 1010 Computer Applications|
|Introduction to Educational Psychology||50||3||Educational Psychology (there is no common course number)|
|Introductory Business Law||50||3||Business Law (there is no common course #)|
|Introductory Psychology||50||3||PSYC 1030 Introduction to General Psychology|
|Introductory Sociology||50||3||SOCI 1010 Introduction to Sociology|
|Natural Sciences||50||8||BIOL 1010 & 1020 Intro to Biology I & II|
|Precalculus||50||3||MATH 1710 Precalculus I|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||50||3||ECON 2010 Macroeconomics|
|Principles of Management||50||3||Principles of Management (there is no common course number)|
|Principles of Marketing||50||3||Principles of Marketing (there is no common course number)|
|Principles of Microeconomics||50||3||ECON 2020 Microeconomics|
|Social Sciences & History||50||6||Elective (there is no common course number)|
|Spanish Language, level I||50||6||SPAN 1010 & 1020 Beginning Spanish I & II|
|Spanish Language, level II||63||12||SPAN 1010 & 1020 Beginning Spanish I & II SPAN 2010 & 2020 Intermediate Spanish I & II|
|Western Civilization I||50||3||HIST 1010 Survey of Western Civilization I|
|Western Civilization II||50||3||HIST 1020 Survey of Western Civilization II|
For additional questions, please contact the following:
Moore County (Main Campus): (931) 393-1763 or e-mail Marie Mosley
Fayetteville Center: (931) 393-1763 or e-mail Debra Smith or Veronica King
McMinnville Center: (931) 393-1763 or e-mail Sally Pack
Smyrna Center: (931) 393-1763 or e-mail Gary Winton