Interim Dean of Students
Forrester Student Center
Moore County Campus
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday
Student Activities & Resource Center
Mission & Vision
The Student Activities & Resource Center (SARC) works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and various student organizations to provide co-curricular events, services and programs designed to engage, educate and empower students.
The vision of SARC is to foster learning outside of the academic classroom by creating an engaging environment that promotes deep learning, provides opportunities to meet other students, and gain leadership skills through participation in clubs and organizations. The SARC values the development of civic responsibility, community engagement, leadership and personal growth. Dialogue and reflection are at the heart of our advocacy. It is our hope to retain students on campus with a sense of community and belonging.
At the SARC, we provide opportunities for:
- Leadership development through training programs provided for various student groups
- Involvement in meaningful co-curricular programs such as the Motlow Ambassador Program, Student Government Association (SGA) and various Clubs & Organizations.
- Personal and social space in a welcoming, inclusive environment that offers activities, a place to study, and a room to conduct club meetings.
- Learning how to plan and facilitate a campus event, develop a new club, renew a club, conduct a meeting.
- Workshop various life skills such as time, stress and money management techniques and resume building.