Financial Aid Office
(800) 654-4877 Ext. 1553
Crouch Center 2nd Floor
DELTA KAPPA GAMMA, Alpha Pi Chapter, Ashley-Underwood Teacher Preparation Scholarship
The Tennessee Alpha Pi Chapter of The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International awards this annual scholarship to an eligible Motlow College student in memory of two special women, Mrs. Bertha Ashley and Mrs. Nancy Underwood, who were long-time educators in the Manchester and Coffee County school systems. Throughout their many years of membership in Delta Kappa Gamma, both were recognized for their numerous contributions to education and Alpha Pi Chapter.
Information regarding this scholarship will be made known to students enrolled in teacher preparation programs each fall, spring, and summer semesters. For additional information, contact Mrs. Alice Huskey in the Student Success Center at Motlow College at firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-393-1635.
- Applicant must be a female actively pursuing an associate's degree in teacher preparation/education at any campus of Motlow State Community College. Students who have completed such a degree in teacher preparation/education will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant must have completed at least 24 semester hours of credit in collegiate-level courses with a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in collegiate-level courses at the time of application.
- Applications must be submitted each year by July 30. Scholarship will be awarded annually by August 7 as funding is available.
- Eligible students may apply for this scholarship each year, but scholarship recipients are eligible to receive the scholarship only one time.
- To receive scholarship funds, the recipient must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours at Motlow State Community College toward the selected degree program in either the next fall term or spring term. The total award amount, ($500), may be used for multiple terms until depleted.
- Complete the application form: PDF, Word.
- Transcript(s) of all college work must accompany the completed application along with a recommendation letter from a Motlow faculty or staff member who is familiar with the applicant's commitment to becoming an educator.
- All materials must be submitted by July 30 of each year to
Mrs. Alice Huskey
Student Success Center
Motlow State Community College
P. O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
- The scholarship recipient will be selected by August 7 by the Alpha Pi Scholarship Committee and will be recognized at the November chapter meeting.
- Scholarship funds will be deposited by the chapter treasurer into the Alpha Pi Scholarship Account at Motlow State Community College after August 7. Chapter will notify the selected recipient with fund disbursement information.