Nursing and Allied Health
Nursing and Allied Health
Motlow College Foundation (Nursing) Scholarships
Rhonda and Max Jarrell Nursing Scholarship
Deadline for application: June 15
The Rhonda and Max Jarrell Nursing Scholarship will offer one scholarship to students of the Associate Degree Nursing program at Motlow State Community College in Lynchburg, TN.
This scholarship will be up to a two-year scholarship providing $1,500.00 a year ($750.00 per semester) as long as the student remains in good standing in the Nursing Program according the criteria listed below. If the student obtains or maintains a 3.3 cumulative GPA, at the end of a term he/she will receive a $250.00 bonus. REMINDER: All scholarships are subject to the availability of funding and continuation for a second semester is not guaranteed.
If the recipient does not enroll at Motlow College during the term immediately following award of the scholarship, the money will be returned to the scholarship fund for use by a future recipient.
Recipient will be chosen by a committee made up of the Director of Advancement, VP of Business Affairs and the Director of Financial aid or appointed delegate, Director of Advancement and VP of Finance and Rhonda and Max Jarrell will screen the candidates that meet the criteria. NOTE: Application and academic information will be shared with the donors during the application process and review for retention of the scholarship.
- Acceptance into the Motlow State Community College Nursing Degree Program.
- Completion of the attached application.
The recipient agrees to personally meet with representatives of Jarrell Nursing Scholarship and to allow his/her photograph as a scholarship recipient to be used.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Demonstrate outstanding personal and professional leadership among his or her peers (attach a page outlining leadership positions you have held).
- Demonstrate qualities of integrity and commitment to the practice of nursing and of service to humankind.
- Recipient must be a first- year nursing student.
- Demonstrate real financial need by completing the FAFSA.
- Demonstrate a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- All applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, religion or national origin.
- Reapplication is required for each academic year.
CRITERIA FOR RETENTION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Demonstrate the above criteria.
- Maintain continued enrollment in the Motlow Nursing Program and be in good standing in accordance with the requirements of the Nursing Program.
- Maintain a prior-semester GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Meet with representatives of the Jarrell Nursing Scholarship at the end of each term, and as requested.
- Allow use of his/her photo as a scholarship recipient.
- Reapplication is required each academic year.
How to Apply:
Complete the following application: Rhonda & Max Jarrell Nursing Scholarship Application
Mail completed application to the following address:
Jan Rogers, Director of Advancement
PO Box 8500 Dept 160
Lynchburg TN 37352