Institutional Effectiveness & Research
Sid Hill, Director
Ashley Broadrick, Assistant Director
External Data Resources
- American Community Survey
Provides a fresh look at census data by collecting and producing population and housing information every year instead of every ten years.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
Includes indexes, rates and research on employment in the U.S.
- CensusScope (for Tennessee)
A portal to the latest census data by state featuring graphics, charts, rankings, maps, and exportable trend data.
- CNBC "America's Top States for Business" Report
CNBC scored all 50 states on 51 measures of competitiveness developed with input from business groups including the National Association of Manufacturers and the Council on Competitiveness.
- Current Population Survey
Provides a comprehensive body of data on the: labor force, employment, unemployment and persons not in the labor force.
- Crime Report by County (for Tennessee)
Personal and property crime statistics by city, county and state.
- Economic & Community Development County Profile Tool (for Tennessee)
- Lumina Foundation
A review of educational attainment in Tennessee by county.
- National Center for Education Statistics
Contains institutional profiles, fast facts, tables and figures, peer analysis for secondary institutions in the U.S.
- NCHEMS Information Center for State Higher Education Policymaking and Analysis
Provides comparative data for states and counties.
- Postsecondary Education Opportunity
Public policy analysis of opportunity for postsecondary education. Subscription is required for full access.
- Quickfacts for U.S. Census (for Tennessee)
Easily accessed census data by state, county or city includes population, population growth, median incomes, poverty rates, and home ownership rates.
- Southern Regional Education Board for Post Secondary
Includes comparative information and higher education data used extensively by state leaders.
- TACIR County Profiles
Tennessee Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations detailed profiles of Tennessee Counties.
Statistics on enrollment data in TennCare.
- Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Information about The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- Tennessee Department of Education Report Card
The Tennessee Department of Education's Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) data and the annual comprehensive report card on pre-K-12 education.
- Tennessee Employment Data
Includes information on LWIA6, LWIA7, and LWIA9.
- THEC Fact Book
Includes enrollment, transfer, persistence, attainment and fiscal comparative data for THEC institutions.
- Tennessee Vital Records, Reports, and Statistics
Includes resident vital statitic events by race, region and county.
- Unemployment Rates by County (for Tennessee)
A look at unemployment rates and trends by county and state.
- US Census Bureau Fact Finder
An excellent source for population, housing, economic, and geographic information from the US Census Bureau
- UT Center for Business & Economic Research
Includes research on national and state economic trends.