Allison N. Barton
Director of Adult Initiatives
931-668-7010 ext. 2126
Tennessee Reconnect is an initiative to help more of our state's adults enter higher education to gain new skills, advance in the workplace, and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential.Complete the TN Reconnect Grant Application
Adult Learner Information Nights
- McMinnville Campus: February 27 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- McMinnville Campus: April 10 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Admissions and Enrollment Steps
Fall 2018 Eligibility Requirements
- Not have previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year preceding the date of application for the grant
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year and be deemed an Independent student
- Be admitted to Motlow and enrolled part-time (6 HRS) in courses leading to completion of an eligible program of study
- Submit the TN Reconnect Application
Continued Eligibility Requirements
- Enroll in classes at Motlow that lead to completion of an eligible program of study
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at the end of each academic year as determined by the institution attended
- Maintain continuous enrollment at Motlow
- Complete the renewal FAFSA each academic year as specified by TSAC
- Attend Motlow at least as a part-time (6 HRS) student
- Submit the TN Reconnect Application each year
If a student ceases to be eligible for the TN Reconnect grant at any time, then the student shall not be eligible to regain the grant.
Tennessee Reconnect Community
Tennessee Reconnect Community Advisors are a single point of contact that can help you navigate the path to college. They provide free advising, career exploration tools, assistance in understanding financial aid and college costs, and they can help you select a college and a major that fits your interests and career goals. Once you've enrolled in college they will continue to support, guide and encourage you until you graduate.
Counties served: Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, Wilson
Counties served: Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lincoln, Lewis, Marshall, Moore, Perry