Quality Enhancement Plan
Chair, International Education Committee
International Education Committee
The International Education Committee (IEC) is a recommending body to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is organized to maintain oversight of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) and all international education initiatives at Motlow College. This committee performs the following duties:
- Develop and review periodically the policies and procedures regarding the QEP and other internationalization initiatives as appropriate
- Assist the Coordinator of International Education in support of the mission and oversight of the QEP
- Coordinate, facilitate, and approve faculty development activities related to the QEP and other internationalization initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate internationalization initiatives including study abroad and co-curricular events
- Review and recommend disbursement of all expenditures related to the QEP and other internationalization initiatives
- Promote the mission of the QEP among faculty
The IEC includes the following members:
- The Coordinator of International Education (CIE), who serves as the Chair of the IEC and sets the agenda and meeting schedule. The CIE serves a five-year term and votes only in the instance of a tie.
- The Study Abroad Adviser with full voting privileges
- The Chair of the QEP Development Committee serving a five-year term, with full voting privileges.
- Four faculty members, who may include department chairs, with full voting privileges appointed by the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs for two-year terms, with consideration given to faculty having expressed interest in international education and consideration given to representation from varied departments. Terms of service shall be staggered so that new faculty member(s) will be appointed annually. Committee members may succeed themselves.
- One member from the Student Services unit appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs for a two-year term with full voting privileges.
- One student appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs for a one-year term with full voting privileges.
- Three ex officio and non-voting members representing the Information Technology and Telecommunications Services, Business Affairs, Library, Financial Aid and Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness units to be appointed by their respective vice presidents for two-year terms.
For more information, please contact Jeannie Tucker-Brown, Chair of International Education Committee.