Special Education Modified K-12 A.S.
Based on the Tennessee Technological University Curriculum.
Classes offered in the Special Education Modified K-12 degree program are intended to prepare students for completion of a four-year degree program either through transfer or transition to a 2+2 program in partnership with TTU. In addition to core collegiate coursework, students will also be introduced to the following:
- how to successfully integrate today's instructional technology in the classroom
- first aid and accident prevention
- the exploration of physical, mental, social, and moral development of individuals from birth to the end of life
- the development of exceptional children with focus on various types of conditions
- research involving current trends, theoretical and legal considerations
- a review of topics including general physics and chemistry
Certain skills and instructional concepts will be reinforced through participation in the following activities:
- hands-on lab experiences
- introduction to tools for problem solving, sets, functions, logic, numeration systems and properties of operation
- practice leading to certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)