Health Sciences Area of Emphasis A.S.
The Health Sciences degree at Motlow provides a program of study for students who want to pursue a career in health care. Some students enter this program and then, if accepted, transfer into a nursing program or an allied health program.
During the program of study, students will be introduced to the:
- Language of health care
- Structure and functions of the human body
- Development of microorganisms
- Concepts of health and illness
- Behavioral and mental processes
- And other dynamic and interesting coursework that prepare students for a career in health care
Students will be engaged in learning through:
- hands-on lab opportunities
- critical thinking
- interaction with students and instructors
- exposure to challenging coursework, lectures, and classroom interaction
The A.S. degree is designated for students to transfer to a university and complete a bachelor's degree for a career in nursing or allied health.