(931) 668-7010 Ext. 2123
General Technology A.A.S.
The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in General Technology prepares students for unique positions in the workplace for which specified degree programs do not currently exist. If you are interested in this program, please contact the office of the Dean of Career and Technical Programs at 931-668-7010 ext. 2109, or by email email@example.com. This program can only be taken by students working directly with an advisor in the selection of courses to satisfy the degree requirements.
Students will be able to:
- Utilize diverse disciplines to enhance communication, research, business or technology skills in the workplace
- Connect relevant experience and academic knowledge
- Integrate knowledge and modes of thinking drawn from two or more disciplines
- Adapt and apply skills, abilities, theories, or methodologies gained in one situation to new situations
- Develop effective problem-management and decision-making skills
- Effectively use professional skills:
- Taking responsibility (self-motivation, ethical behavior, managing time)
- Write and speak clearly (legibly) and persuasively with individuals and groups
- Working effectively with others (building good relationships, effective leadership and team member, influencing others, managing others)
- Asking and answering the right questions (apply knowledge, evaluate actions and policies, paying attention to details)
- Solving problems (identify problems, develop solutions, and implement solutions)