Business A.A.S. Degree
Motlow State Community College offers a Business major with the following concentrations: Accounting, Business Office, Management, and Programming. This major prepares students for a variety of positions in the broad field of business. The Accounting concentration prepares students in a broad range of accounting fields, including accounting systems, record keeping, financial statements, tax accounting, budgeting, and other accounting areas. The Business Office concentration prepares students for a variety of positions in the field of business data processing.
The major core curriculum is designed to promote and achieve the following outcomes:
- an understanding of fundamental business concepts and terminology
- an understanding of fundamental management concepts and human resources utilization
- an understanding of the accounting system applicable to business ownerships
- an understanding of fundamental macroeconomics, microeconomics, and economic applications
- an understanding of computer hardware and software applications
- the ability to apply mathematical concepts for business-related problem solving and analysis and presentation of data
- an understanding of principles of written business communications applying standard rules
- an understanding of the legal aspects of a business environment
- an understanding of business concepts and operations in a global environment
These two-year programs are all accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs and are for the student who does not intend to transfer to a four-year institution. The Associate of Applied Science is awarded.