Business Education A.S.
The Associate of Science degree with emphasis on Business Education is designed to prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university. This program is for students interested in pursuing a career in business or a business related position that involves training and business education. In addition to core curriculum, Business Education students will be introduced to the following:
- basic principles of accounting
- secondary accounting principles with emphasis on partnership and corporate entity accounting manufacturing cost systems and financial statement analysis
- an overview of the business environment including business careers, business ownership and organization, management, marketing, and finance
- working knowledge of word processing
- a study of microcomputer applications including their uses, capabilities and limitations
- how the use of spreadsheet applications can be used to identify business and accounting problems and organize accounting data
- basic statistical theories, concepts, methods, and techniques, and their applications in business
- other interesting curriculum in preparation for bachelor's degree completion at any one of Tennessee's colleges or universities
Students will be engaged in the learning process through activities like:
- critical thinking
- in-depth research and analysis
- interaction with students and instructors
- exposure to fascinating coursework, lectures and classroom interaction
The A.S. degree is designed for students to transfer to a university and complete a bachelors degree. Upon completion of the bachelors degree, students should be prepared to teach business at the high school level.