Application and Selection
Nursing A.A.S. One-Year Application Process
Apply to Motlow State Community College and be accepted. (You will declare Nursing as their major but will be placed in General Studies until accepted into the nursing program).
Submit all prior collegiate and high school transcripts to the Admissions and Records Department by the Nursing Program application deadline. Students who have earned a college/university degree are not required to submit a high school transcript. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that official transcripts have been received by the Admissions Department from all previously attended institutions. Incomplete transcripts will affect the student's ability to be admitted or retained within the program.
Submit a nursing program application
The nursing program application is available beginning November 1st through MyMotlow on the college's website. Submission of applications to Motlow's nursing program ends at 4:30 pm (CST) on the last business day of January.
- To access the nursing program application:
- Log-in to MyMotlow
- Click Student
- Click Applications for Nursing, Scholarships, Access and Diversity Grant
- Click Nursing Application and complete the application
- Upon submission of an application, a confirmation email will be sent. Please print and retain this confirmation email.
- Nursing program applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
Submit LPN Credentials
Be a graduate of an accredited practical nurse program.
Email a scanned copy of LPN licensure by January 31, 2017 at 4:30 CST to email@example.com.
Take the HESI entrance exam
The HESI entrance exam for Motlow includes these components: math, reading comprehension, vocabulary and general knowledge, grammar, and anatomy and physiology. The entrance exam will be administered in the Testing Center on designated dates at all campuses during the spring semester.
If a HESI entrance exam from a previous year or a HESI entrance exam taken at another institution is to be used, it must have been taken within the past five years and contain the components required by Motlow. The student must email a scanned copy of the entrance exam's summary report to firstname.lastname@example.org by the January nursing program application deadline. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of the HESI entrance exam.
Notification of the student's acceptance and/or denial to the nursing program will be done by electronic mail via the student's Motlow email account.
If you wants to use a HESI entrance exam from a prior year or a HESI entrance exam taken at another institution is to be used, you must:
- Verify that the HESI entrance exam was taken within the past five years.
- Verify that the HESI entrance exam contains the components required by Motlow's Nursing Program: Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Grammar, and Anatomy and Physiology.
- Email a scanned copy of the HESI entrance exam's summary report to email@example.com by January 31, 2017. You will receive an email response confirming that the HESI entrance exam was received. The Nursing Program does not have access to prior HESI entrance exam scores.