Drew Hooker B.S, EMT-P, I/C
EMS Program Director
Paramedic A.A.S. Application Procedure
- Apply and be accepted for admission to Motlow State Community College.
- Possess an academic or equivalent high school diploma or general education (GED)
- Paramedic courses require that applicants complete any required remedial or learning support coursework as required by the placement test or ACT scores.
- Complete EMS Program application
- Submit application for EMT-Paramedic training between December 1st and March 1st.
- Submit two letters of reference. Preferably, one letter should be from current employer and the second letter should be a character reference. In the situation of unemployment, two character letters may be submitted. Family references will not be accepted.
- Be currently licensed as an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician in the State of Tennessee. Students must submit a copy of a current AEMT card to the Paramedic Program.
- A copy of the CPR healthcare provider level certificate must be submitted that includes one-person, two-person, infant, and child CPR.
- Applicant may be required to take a knowledge test if the student has been out of AEMT for more than one calendar year.
- Interview with the admissions screening committee as prescribed by the TN Department of Health-EMS division.
- Complete the AEMT Exam
- Submit a copy of AEMT license