Drew Hooker B.S, EMT-P, I/C
EMS Program Director
EMT Certificate Performance Criteria
In compliance with the State of Tennessee EMS regulation 1200-12-1-13 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, all students admitted into the EMS training must, with reasonable accommodation, be able to:
- Lift a minimum of 125 pounds.
- Visually assess patients in the work environment and detect auditory clinical findings and unusual odors.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Make appropriate judgments in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate emotional stability.
- Demonstrate psychological health in day-to-day interactions with patients, crew members, and other personnel.
Once enrolled, students are required to submit documentation of the following:
- Proof of health insurance
- Background check and 10-panel drug screen.
- Completed physical examination form with required documentation. Ensure that the State of Tennessee form is signed by a licensed medical doctor. Please also ensure the health care provider's license number is included on the form.
- The student must have proof of the following tests/immunizations/titers:
- 2-step TB Skin Test and/or chest x-ray (<3 months old). The chest x-ray is needed only if TB Skin Test is positive.
- Mumps, Rubella, and Rubeola (IGG) titer and/or 2 MMR immunizations if no immunity.
- Varicella Zoster (IGG) titer and/or 2 Varicella Zoster immunizations if no immunity.
- Seasonal flu immunization.
- Hepatitis B series immunizations and/or titer.
- Current AHA BLS/HCP CPR card.
- Liability Insurance