EMT Certificate Application Procedure
- Apply and be accepted for admission to Motlow State Community College.
- Complete EMS Program application
- Possess an academic or equivalent high school diploma or general education (GED)
- EMT courses require that applicants complete any required remedial or learning support coursework as required by the placement test or ACT scores.
- Submit two letters of reference. Preferably, one letter should be from current employer and the second letter should be a character reference. In the situation of unemployment, two character letters may be submitted. Family references will not be accepted.
- A copy of an American Heart Association BLS CPR card must be submitted.
- Meet other Admission requirements as stipulated in the Rules of the Tennessee Department of Health, Bureau of Health Licensure and Regulation, Office of Emergency Medical Services.
Students enrolled in the EMT training that plan to continue the next semester for the AEMT training should submit an application to the EMS Director only between October 1 and December 1. Students will be notified of admission by August 15 for EMT training and December 15 for AEMT training.