AEMT Certificate Application Procedure
- Apply and be accepted for admission to Motlow State Community College.
- Complete EMS Program application
- Possess an academic or equivalent high school diploma or general education (GED)
- AEMT courses require that applicants complete any required remedial or learning support coursework as required by the placement test or ACT scores.
- Submit two letters of reference. Preferably, one letter should be from current employer and the second letter should be a character reference. In the situation of unemployment, two character letters may be submitted. Family references will not be accepted.
- Be currently licensed as an Emergency Medical Technician in the State of Tennessee. Students must submit a copy of a current EMT card to the Paramedic Program.
- A copy of an American Heart Association BLS CPR card must be submitted.
- Meet other Admission requirements as stipulated in the Rules of the Tennessee Department of Health, Bureau of Health Licensure and Regulation, Office of Emergency Medical Services.
- Submit a copy of EMT license