Motlow State Community College
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Coming to Motlow CollegeOctober 26th, 2012
Students in the children's drama class at Motlow College are diligently practicing their roles for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which will open on Nov. 1 in Eoff Hall on Motlow's Moore County campus, according to director Debbie Zimmerman, an associate professor of communications and chairman of Motlow's Humanities Department.
Performances for the public and area school children are scheduled for 10:45 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 7 p.m. on Nov. 1, and 9 and 10:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 2, 7, 8 and 9.
A reception, open to the public, will begin at 6 p.m. on Nov. 1, followed by the 7 p.m. performance. Zimmerman said special guests will include former Motlow students who were in previous Wizard of Oz productions at the college in 1982 and 1995. Students who were in other plays at the college are invited, also.
The play marks the 30th children's production that Zimmerman has directed at the college, and her last. She said she wants to give other Motlow theatre teachers the opportunity to work with children's drama productions.
Cast and Crew Members
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz features the following cast and crew members:
- Dorothy - Allison Marcrom
- Toto - Jessica Walker
- BOQ - Thomas Meeks
- Munchkin - Jenipher Dobbs
- Glinda - Akelah Rowe
- Wicked Witch - Lauren Miller
- Scarecrow - Chris Jones
- Tin Woodsman - Drew Holt
- Cowardly Lion - Lance Howard
- Poppies - Amy Adams, Tori Stephens
- Fighting trees - Tiara Willingham, Andrew Layne
- China Princesses - Kelly Carver, Paige Matheson
- Guardian of Oz - Jacob Hayes
- OZ - Alex Czwal
- Winged Monkeys - Tori Stephens, Thomas Meeks, Jenipher Dobbs
- Aunt Em - Jeanna Anderson
- Sound and lighting - Mark Landrum, David Bethea, Olivia Hiers, Jacob Hayes, Andrew Layne
- Stage manager - Amy Adams
- Set design - Kurt Kraus and Brian Robinson
The play includes characters and some scenes from the 1939 Wizard of Oz movie, but follows the storyline of Frank Baum's book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, which was first published in 1900.
Although there is no admission charge to the Motlow performances, reservations are required and can be made by calling 1-931-393-1700.