Motlow State Community College
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
Tennessee Promise means two years tuition-free at Motlow CollegeAug. 14, 2014
Tennessee high school seniors who complete their Tennessee Promise application by Nov. 1 and graduate from high school next spring will have the opportunity to attend Motlow College tuition-free beginning with the fall 2015 semester.
The Tennessee Promise is available to Tennessee high school seniors throughout the Motlow College 11-county service area, without an academic or income requirement. Complete information for future Motlow College students who will attend utilizing the Tennessee Promise is available at TNpromise.mscc.edu.
The Promise Begins at Motlow
Motlow will hold four "The Promise Begins at Motlow" sessions before the deadline, where future students can complete the Tennessee Promise application and a Motlow College admissions application. The Motlow admissions application fee of $25 will be waived for high school seniors who attend a session and complete both applications.
Each of the four Motlow campuses - Moore County, Fayetteville, McMinnville and Smyrna, will hold a "The Promise Begins at Motlow" session prior to the Nov. 1 deadline. Session locations, dates and times are as follows:
- Moore County Campus - Saturday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. in the Clayton-Glass Library
- Fayetteville Center - Tuesday, Sept. 30 at 5:30 p.m. in rooms FC 023/FC069
- McMinnville Center - Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 5:30 p.m. in rooms MC 125/MC191
- Smyrna Center - Saturday, Oct. 18 at 10 a.m. in rooms STH 113/STH 124
In order for current Tennessee high school seniors to participate in the program, they must meet several requirements and deadlines:
- Apply for the Tennessee Promise by Nov. 1, 2014, at www.TNPromise.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Motlow College application by Feb. 15, 2015.
- Complete two mandatory mentoring meetings and eight hours of community service.
- Enroll full time at Motlow College for the fall 2015 semester.