Motlow State Community College
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
Tullahoma Women's Club Donates to Motlow Ladies' Philanthropic Society
January 27, 2012
Jan Rogers, director of advancement at Motlow College, is shown receiving a donation for the Moltow Ladies' Philanthropic Society from Kate Lapczynski, president of the Tullahoma Women's Club.
The GFWC Tullahoma Woman's Club recently made a contribution from their scholarship endowment fund to the Motlow College Foundation for the Motlow Ladies' Philanthropic Society (MLPS). The Woman's Club and the MLPS share a common goal of assisting women.
According to President Kate Lapczynski, "Several members of our club are also members of the Motlow Ladies Philanthropic Society. They suggested to our board that the scholarship funds from the Tullahoma Woman's Club Elsie Seals Scholarship Endowment Fund be donated to the MLPS."
MLPS first met in the fall of 2009. The group is comprised of women who were interested in helping other women obtain an education. The purpose is to help provide financial support for women (age 23 and over) who are seeking a degree. Most of these women do not qualify for the HOPE scholarship and often do not meet the requirements to receive other types of financial aid.
GFWC stands for General Federation of Women's Club and is one of the oldest and largest service organizations for women in the world. The Tullahoma Woman's Club was organized in 1899 and has been affiliated with the GFWC since 1900.
Visit the College website www.mscc.edu/advancement for additional information about MLPS and Motlow.