Motlow State Community College
P.O. Box 8500
Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500
So You're thinking about attending college - we're glad that Motlow College is a possibility for you. Applying doesn't have to be a difficult task; here's an 8-step guide to help you apply and enroll at Motlow College...
CLICK A STEP TO SEE MORE INFORMATION
- Apply for admission by obtaining an application form from any Motlow campus location or apply online at www.mscc.edu and then click the APPLY NOW tab in the upper right corner. When completed, deliver to any campus location or submit online*.
NOTE: Entry of admission applications may take up to two weeks after being submitted.
- You must also complete the following additional admissions requirements:
- Official high school/GED/college transcripts
- Official ACT or SAT score (if under 21)
- Signed Hepatitis B form
- COMPASS Test required (if 21 and over)
- Proof of 2nd MMR Immunization (if full-time student)
- New Student Orientation
- Proof of 2 Chicken Pox Immunizations or Proof from Doctor or Health Department of Disease (if full-time student)
- If applicable, apply for financial aid. Complete the FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. For use with your form completion, the Motlow code is 006836. For more assistance, click on the financial aid link at www.mscc.edu/financialaid/index.aspx.
MORE INFORMATION REGARDING FINANCIAL AID IS LISTED IN STEP 7
A student e-mail account will be created for you within one week of processing your application. You can access your Motlow Student E-mail at www.mscc.edu/studentemail.aspx. THIS IS MOTLOWS MAIN SOURCE OF CORRESPONDENCE WITH ALL STUDENTS. You will receive important correspondence regarding admissions and financial aid through this e-mail account. PLEASE CHECK YOUR STUDENT E-MAIL REGULARLY so that you will not miss out on important information or requirements.
- MyMotlow is your student account with Motlow College. This account will be created within one week of your application being processed and can be accessed from the MSCC Homepage. Look for the icon shown above or access QuickLinks, then select MyMotlow/Banner. Your MyMotlow account allows you to access orientation registration, registration for classes, grades and class schedules, pay bills, and many other important student functions.
NOTE: You can track your admissions and financial aid status through your MyMotlow account.
REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR STUDENT E-MAIL ACCOUNT AND MYMOTLOW ACCOUNT REGULARLY FOR CURRENT INFORMATION ON YOUR ADMISSIONS AND FINANCIAL AID STATUS
- Prior to advisement and registration, all first-time freshmen must attend a New Student Orientation session. Once ALL admissions holds have been released you will receive an e-mail with information on how to register for an upcoming orientation session.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND A SESSION.What better way to find out about all the great things Motlow has to offer. . .
- Orientation will provide you the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor and prepare for your upcoming term.
- Advisement is a critical step in your college career and will help you create a plan to meet your shortand long-term educational goals.
- If you are not a first-time freshman and would like academic advisement, please contact the appropriate campus to schedule an appointment.
- During your orientation session, you will be given instructions regarding registration procedures using your online MyMotlow student account. Personnel will also be available to assist you with registration.
Be sure your fees are paid by cash, check, debit/credit card, online deferred payment plan, or ensure your financial aid payment is processed by the designated date to maintain your class schedule for that semester. After your fees are paid, remember to confirm enrollment using your MyMotlow account under the Student tab.
Just filing an application for aid does not complete your financial aid process. Continue to check your e-mail and MyMotlow accounts for more important financial aid information.
- Once your fees have been paid, your student photo ID and parking decal can be obtained at any of the four campus locations-Moore County, McMinnville, Smyrna, or Fayetteville.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA form (see Step 1) by the priority deadline; remember to apply for your PIN number (and parent's PIN number if needed) at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Please allow up to 10 days for Motlow to receive the completed FAFSA form and monitor your MyMotlow and e-mail accounts for additional needed documentation to complete your financial aid file (see Step 3). Processing and awarding of your financial aid can take 4-6 weeks to complete.
- To apply for Institutional Scholarships by the priority deadline, please visit the Financial Aid Scholarship Opportunities web page at www.mscc.edu/scholarships/index.aspx.
- To apply for Federal Work Study and/or Direct Student Loans, please submit the online application available through your MyMotlow account under the Financial Aid tab.
Financial aid priority deadlines are available at www.mscc.edu/financialaid/PriorityDates.pdf.