HS Partnership Programs Specialist
Dual enrollment students are those high school students enrolled in one or more college courses for which they will receive BOTH high school and college credits.
Joint enrollment students are those high school student enrolled in one or more college courses for which they will earn ONLY college credit.
Jump start your college education while still attending high school. Dual enrollment is a convenient and cost-effective way for high school students to transition into college.
High school students who have completed the 10th grade and meet ALL requirements for taking the desired college course(s) may apply. Motlow
College welcomes public, private and home-schooled students.
Dual/Joint Enrollment Options
- Take classes on a Motlow College campus - Students are invited to come to any one of Motlow College's four campus locations - Moore County, Fayetteville, McMinnville or Smyrna. Available locations are dependent upon classes offered for a given semester, the student's
high school schedule and the high school's determination of how
credit is applied toward graduation.
- Take online classes - For students who have issues with transportation, or for scheduling convenience, online courses are a great option. Many of Motlow's core classes are offered online and are available to high school students.
- Take classes at partner high schools - Motlow College has agreements with many of the area high schools to offer college courses on the high school campus. These courses are taught by Motlow faculty and conveniently available on partner high school campuses.
What are the Benefits of Dual Enrollment?
- Earn college credits with affordable tuition
- Save tuition dollars by utilizing dual enrollment grant
- Broaden opportunities for academic challenge and expanded course selection
- Transition seamlessly from high school to college
- Start early earning credit toward a college degree by completing common core curriculum that transfers easily to Tennessee's public colleges and universities