Career Readiness Department
Mr. Fred Rascoe
Director of Career Readiness
(931) 668-7010 Ext. 2123
McMinnville Center 164
Embedded Certificate of Credit Degree Checklist
The Mechatronics Technology Certificate of Credit is for students interested in gaining instruction, knowledge and hands-on training in electronics, mechanics and computers. Successful completion of this Certificate of Credit afford students the opportunity to complete the Level 1 Certification Exam to become a certified Siemens Mechatronics System Assistant.
Mechatronics is a blend of mechanical, electrical and computerized technologies that together form a complex system used by many manufacturing, packaging and other modern operations. The need for skilled individuals to support these systems is on-going.
Mechatronics at Motlow
- Students will develop skills to work as a technician in an integrated multidisciplinary industrial environment
- Instruction in mechatronics provides students with the knowledge and hands-on training in electronics, mechanics and computers to work in a variety of industrial and manufacturing related business
- Upon successful completion of the program, students will be afforded the opportunity to complete the Level 1 Certification Examination to become a certified Siemens Mechatronics System Assistant
- Students will be exposed to basic functions of electrical components; the systematic flow of energy and measurement of components
- Students will learn troubleshooting techniques, systematic preventive maintenance and safety with respect to electrical components, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and PLCs used in a mechatronics system
- Students will study the basic pneumatic, electro pneumatic and hydraulic control circuits in a mechatronics system
- Students will study basic digital logic and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in a mechatronics system using the automation system SIMATIC S7-300 and the programming software STEP7