Online courses are a great option for students who might have difficulty attending classes on campus or who enjoy alternative learning environments. Motlow's online courses have beginning and ending dates, regular assignments and project due dates. For some students being able to work at a time and a place of their choosing makes online courses more convenient than regular courses. It is important to know that online courses are not necessarily easier than courses taught in a classroom. Being successful in online courses requires a level of self-discipline and commitment that some students may not anticipate. Online courses are reading and writing intensive.
Is Online Learning For You?
- Can you spend at least 1-2 hours a week for each semester credit hour on a single course?
- Do you budget time well and prioritize effectively?
- Are your reading skills good and do you enjoy learning by reading?
- Do you learn independently with little feedback?
- Do you have consistent and reliable internet access?
- Do you know how to open, save, and manage files?
- Do you have access to a computer 5-7 times a week?