Director of Student Success
At Motlow College, we believe academic advising is an essential element for success in planning a student's educational path...
An advisor can help a student to understand degree requirements, choose courses, schedule classes and monitor academic progress. Although students have the ultimate responsibility for shaping their future, together with their advisor, students can create an action plan to ensure that their personal and academic needs are met.
Top Reasons to Meet With Your Advisor1. To select courses and plan for future semesters
2. To track your academic progress
3. To gather information about possible majors and declare or change your major
4. To discuss changing your schedule or to discuss career goals
5. To obtain information for specific services or resources
6. To complete an Intent to Graduate form
The goal of an academic advisor is to help students navigate the ever-changing maze of educational options and opportunities. Contact an advisor within your program or contact the Student Success Center at (931) 393-1610.