Phi Theta Kappa
Motlow College sponsors the Alpha Xi Pi chapter of Phi Theta Kappa. We are pleased to have student members from all four campuses, with a majority attending either the Moore County campus or McMinnville.
Phi Theta Kappa students enjoy fellowship while striving to achieve leadership, scholarship, and service.
Membership Benefits of Phi Theta Kappa
- may apply for more than $36 million in transfer scholarships, provided exclusively to Society members by more than 700 senior institutions.
- receive the prestigious Golden Key Membership Pin
- receive a Certificate of Membership and a membership card.
- may affix the Society's Gold Diploma Seal, denoting Society membership, to their two-year college diploma.
- may wear the Society's golden monogrammed Honors Stole and Tassel at the college commencement exercises, available through purchase and contingent on college policy.
- are eligible for nomination by their college for All-USA Academic Team competition. In addition, 37 states
(including Tennessee) sponsor All-State Academic Team programs, providing further recognition for
- are automatically nominated for the National Dean's List, a publication of America's most outstanding college students.
- meet new friends and fellowship with people of similar interests and goals
- receive recognition and esteem from higher education institutions as they transfer.
- do not have to be full-time students
- must have accumulated at least 12 collegiate hours at Motlow.
- must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA to join PTK
- must have a 3.3 cumulative GPA to graduate as a PTK member.
- must fill out an application and pay a one time membership fee of $70.